Topic: 45 Things Life Has Taught a 90 Year Old Reporter (Read 148 times)
member is offline
45 Things Life Has Taught a 90 Year Old Reporter
« Thread started on: Jun 7th, 2009, 6:27pm »
45 Things Life Has Taught a 90 Year Old Reporter In Ohio
1. Life isnít fair, but itís still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyoneÖ
4. Your job wonít take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You donít have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. Itís more healing than crying alone.
8. Itís OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it wonít screw up the present.
12. Itís OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Donít compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldnít be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But donít worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isnít useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesnít kill you really does make you stronger.
19. Itís never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, donít take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Donít save it for a special occasion,
Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Donít wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ĎIn five years, will this matter?í
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Donít take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didnít do.
35. Donít audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative ó dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone elseís, weíd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isnít tied with a bow, but itís still a gift.Ē